Intubated Again

0

Category :

From Aunt Diane:

They had to intubate Wes again :( They sent me to the waiting room at 04:30 and I went back in a t 05:38 cause they hadn't come to get me yet and they had him intubated but were getting him settled so I am back in the waiting room. He looked calm so hopefully he can get some rest now.

I talked to my mom this morning and she said that Wes was just having such a hard time breathing. He couldn't say more than a couple words without having trouble. He accumulates a lot of fluid and junk in his lungs and he has a hard time coughing. I imagine that it hurts real bad to cough or even breath with a broken back AND a broken sternum not to mention he is severely bruised inside and out. Plus he had to be laying on his chest for 7 hrs of surgery. I don't think they even 100% know what all is damaged in his gut. He has a lot of tubes everywhere draining fluid. His blood count was low so they also gave him a couple pints of blood to bring that up. Hopefully that will give him the energy he needs for healing. When they had to intubate him again he was not happy about that, but the doctor said if they didn't do it he wouldn't be breathing at all within 2 hrs. They sent my mom out and it took them about an hour and half to get him vented and settled in again. I guess he fought them a bit. I'm sure glad he has got fight in him, he'll need it to get well! Family & friends...Wes is not out of the woods yet. Please keep praying for his recovery! Also, please keep praying for his family, it is so much harder for them than any of us realize. We want to set up a donation fund on the blog soon. Please consider helping Wes out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment